Request a Customised Quote for different Pick up and Drop off locations.
TERMS OF HIRE
Terms & Conditions of Hire
WHO MAY DRIVE THE HIRED VEHICLE?
- Only the Hirer or any person who has completed and signed a Hirer’s Proposal Form or any other person previously approved by us may drive the vehicle.
- Drivers must be aged 21-70. Special conditions apply to drivers aged 21-24. Drivers over 70 may be accepted subject to Insurance Company approval.
- A full valid drivers licence which has been held for at least one year must be produced at the time of hire.
- New DVLA Photo Card Licence – This type of licence can only be accepted with both the Photo Card and Counterpart Document.
- Certain endorsements may be accepted at the discretion of the Rental Office.
- Overseas hirers must produce a licence valid in their own country which can be understood by our Rental Agents, or an International Driving Permit.
- Additional identification is also required.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE RATES?
- Rates include rental, insurance, vat, maintenance, oil, motoring club membership and road fund licence, but exclude fuel.
Before commencement of rental, payment is required to cover:
- All anticipated charges, including vat.
- A security deposit, refundable if the vehicle is returned on time and in good condition.
- Payment may be made by credit card, debit card or cash.
If the vehicle is returned damaged, how much must I pay?
- You are liable for the first £1000 (or such amount specified on the Hire Agreement) of each and every claim for loss or damage to the insured vehicle.
- This amount may be reduced by purchase of Collision Damage Waiver to:
£400 for UK issue licence holders
£400 non-UK issue licence holders
or another amount as specified on the Hire Agreement
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Damage to tyres, wheels, aerials, glass and the interior of the vehicle is not covered by the policy and must be paid for in full by the Hirer on return of the vehicle.
- Notwithstanding the purchase of Collision Damage Waiver, the Hirer shall be liable for all costs incurred for loss or damage to the vehicle, its accessories, Third Party vehicle(s) and property when either:
- The vehicle was being reversed unattended or
- The damage caused is above the height of the windscreen.
WHAT IF I NEED TO KEEP THE VEHICLE BEYOND THE AGREED HIRE PERIOD?
- You must return to our office (with the vehicle) within the original hire period to sign a fresh agreement and to pay for the extended period.
PARKING TICKETS AND CITY CONGESTION CHARGES
- If you are liable for City Congestion Charges or receive a Parking Ticket during your hire it is important that you pay it within the time specified. You will have signed a Statement of Liability and if you do not pay the Fixed Penalty as indicated on the ticket we are legally obliged to furnish the appropriate authorities with your full details. This will usually result in a fine greater than the original Fixed Penalty amount.
- Additionally we will charge you an administration fee.
- Every effort will be made to supply the vehicle group reserved. If this is not possible a higher group vehicle will be supplied if available, at no extra charge. If a lesser group is supplied, the lower group rates will be applied.
By signing the Hire Agreement you are agreeing to these and other conditions. Full Terms & Conditions are printed on the reverse of the Hire Agreement and are available for inspection at our offices.